WESTFIELD, Ind. — The Browns and Colts practiced Thursday and also an incident of”Letterkenny” broke out — minus the witty banter.
First up, wide receiver Jaelen Strong locked horns with a Colts player. Whatever happened prompted left guard Joel Bitonio to come in and mix it up.
On the opposite area, the Browns defense got chippy using the Colts offense. Rookie safety Sheldrick red-wine along with Colts wide receiver Deon Cain went at it, which attracted Browns safety J. T. Hassell into the scrum and Colts wide receiver Zach Pascal.
It even got chippy during special teams. Browns linebacker ray ray Armstrong, who was jawing on the defensive side a short time earlier in the day, threw punches at Colts cornerback Quincy Wilson along with linebacker Zaire Franklin. The fracas attracted players awaiting the punting drill running out of the other field.
Next time both of these teams clinic, it’ll be half to be at the ending of the laneway, do not come up your property. (Extra credit to anyone who gets that reference.)
* Throughout the first play of ateam span, running back Nick Chubb conducted 65 yards off left guard to get a touch down. Baker Mayfield raced up the field to celebrate with him.
* corner-back Greedy Williams opened the first team span on his side of the ball by selecting Jacoby Brissett.
* The ongoing struggle for Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi is consistently catching the ball. He dropped a sure touchdown pass by Garrett Gilbert.
* Colts left tackle Anthony Castonzo would likely happily drive Myles Garrett to the airport when it puts him out of town earlier.
Cornerback Kenny Moore picked * Mayfield to a ball.
* The Colts moved the ball with ease during a 2-minute drill contrary to the Browns’ first team before it stalled across the 25. A tightening defense pushed the Colts from the field.
* Denzel Ward didn’t engage in team exercises. Safety Jermaine white head was early but later found with a big wrap around his left forearm. Late in clinic, the wrap was gonebut white head didn’t return to action.
* Players were visibly shaken when Colts wide receiver Daurice Fountain went screaming in pain. It was later reported that Fountain suffered a dislocated and shoulder.